Staying healthy is important. One way of ensuring your family’s health is by getting health insurance. Health insurance provides financial protection in case you have a serious accident or illness.
Since there is a lot of health insurance being offered today, consider the following tricks so you can identify which one is the best for you.
Here are 5 Simple Tricks:
1) Doctors. Some health care plans require you to use their network of doctors. If you currently have a physician who you would like to keep seeing, check to see if your doctor is included in the health care plan you are considering. If you need to choose a new doctor from the health care plan, consider researching a doctor’s credentials by reading online doctor reviews and checking with the medical association.
2) Waiting Periods. Sometimes in the confusion of choosing health care plans, you may forget to confirm how pre-existing conditions will be covered and whether there are waiting periods that will impact your current care. Make sure to review these details.
3) Emergency and Hospital Care. Determine what emergency rooms and hospitals are covered in your plan. Find out how the policy defines an “emergency.” Sometimes your definition of an emergency may not be the same as the health care plan you are considering.
4) Regular Physicals and Health Screenings. If you like getting regular physicals and health screenings, find out the coverage of a wellness plan or what is included in preventative care, and their limitations.
5) Costs. Determine what deductibles you will need to pay before the health care policy will pay. Learn what percent the health care will pay after your deductible, as well what percent they will pay if you need to use a doctor, hospital, or specialist that is out of network. Find out if there will be co-payments. Finally, know your limits.
Consider these as you choose your health insurance plan to find not just the best but affordable health plans for you and your family.
So, what do you think about these 5 tricks? What are the things you consider when getting your health insurance? I’d like to know what you think, drop me a comment below.
This is the place where healing comes from the heart! Always keeping you well and will lead you to better health.